Call for submission of Concept Notes by Non-Governmental Organizations involved in conserving the Korab-Shara/Albanian Alps areas and the ecological corridors connecting protected areas
With the additional capital contribution donated by the German Government at the end of 2021, the PONT Focus Region has further expanded to include four additional protected areas eligible to receive support from PONT. Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) are also eligible to receive grants to support the work in the protected areas and the ecological corridors between the transboundary conservation areas in the PONT Focus Region.
This Call is open to eligible national NGOs in Albania and North Macedonia with a strategy in conservation, developing society, improving communities, and promoting citizen participation in conservation. This Call aims at co-financing good governance and implementing conservation actions covering at least two or more protected areas eligible for PONT co-financing, and along the ecological corridors connecting protected areas in the PONT Focus Region.
The thematic scope of this Call is defined by the following three themes:
- Protected area governance, management, and administration
- Understanding and conserving biodiversity of protected areas
- Connectivity Conservation in the PONT Focus Region
The geographical scope of this call is limited to the following protected areas and Priority Connectivity Conservation Areas within the PONT Focus Region:
- For the first and second theme of this Call, the Protected Areas eligible for PONT co-financing: Korab-Koritnik Nature Park and Albanian Alps National Park in Albania, and Mavrovo National Park and Shar Mountain National Park in North Macedonia.
- For the third theme of this Call, ecological corridors between the existing protected areas within one of the 5 Priority Connectivity Conservation Areas in the PONT Focus Region:
- Black Drin
- Stogovo -Karaorman- Jablanica
Eligible Countries: Albania and North Macedonia.
Opening Date: Monday 12 September 2022
Closing Date: Monday 10 October 2022, 14:00 CET
Budget: The total budget of each grant may be from €50,000 up to a maximum of €450,000. A minimum of 25% of co-financing/matching funds by the applicant and/or its implementing partners is required.
Theme: Applications may address one or a combination of the three themes of this Call.
How to Apply
Please carefully read the call for proposals document available here, which provides detailed requirements and instructions.
To apply for a grant under this Call please complete the application form in English available here.
Applications are to be sent Anni Kallfa, PONT Grants Coordinator, by email (email@example.com) before Monday 10 October 2022, 14:00 CET.